WE’RE READY TO SAFELY SERVE YOU- IN PERSON, AT CURBSIDE, OR BY MAIL
What We Are Doing
- Returned Items are quarantined for 24 hours before being re-shelved.
- Library Staff are wearing masks.
- Common areas and surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- We encourage the use of our online digital collection at ncwlibraries.org.
What You Can Do
- Wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Do not visit the library if you are sick.
- Limit your visits to 30 minutes or less.
- Use our digital library at ncwlibraries.org
- Utilize our Curbside Pickup or Mail Order Library anytime you can’t visit the library in person.
Information on our Current Services
In Person Visits
Each branch offers limited daily hours in the morning or afternoon for in-person 5 browsing and checkout of materials. Patrons are required to wear masks, follow social 6 distancing guidelines, and limit their time to around 30 minutes. Furniture and computer 7 station availability may be limited. Reservation of meeting space is unavailable at this 8 time and all programs and events will continue to be virtual.
Check your local library’s open hours HERE.
If you aren’t able to pick up your material in person, consider using our Mail Order Library! Prefer to stop by? Contact-free curbside service is available on a limited basis. Please call your local library to schedule a time to stop by.
Return materials through the manual book drop at select locations. Returned materials will be quarantined and remain on patron accounts for a minimum of 24 hours before being checked in.
Mail Order Library
Any item in our system is available via mail, with postage paid by your library district.
The Mail Order process is easy- For complete instructions Click Here.
- Place library materials on hold – online or by calling your local library: instructions here.
- When choosing your library location, select “Mail Order Library”
- Your items will be mailed to the address associated with your account.
When you’ve reached the end of your checkout period, either renew your items or send.
Access our digital content all day, every day. We’re regularly adding content and platforms to meet your needs and peak your interest.
We’ve expanded the range of our WiFi at all 30 of our locations and at our headquarters. WiFi is free and available 24-7.
Frequently Asked Questions
As we prepare to resume services at some of our branches, we know you have many questions. We will continue to update these FAQs to help you know what to expect while libraries are closed.
Will libraries remain open to the public?
The WA State Department of Health issued new guidance for businesses on January 11th. In accordance with the Healthy Start plan branches in Phase 1 will remain closed. Any branch in a region that moves to Phase 2 will reopen at 25% capacity.
Are Mail Order Library and Interlibrary Loans available?
When can I return items I’ve checked out?
Book drops are open at all locations.
Are any library services available while buildings are closed to the public?
All of our online services continue. Curbside Pickup is available at all locations.
Will you be offering any story times or author events in the near future?
To protect the public and our staff, all story times, STEM programs and author events have gone digital. Checkout the full schedule of events here.
Can you help me with accessing the digital resources or placing a hold?
We’d love to!
Our general question line is available weekdays from 8am-6pm at 1-800-426-READ (7323).
Our Online Chat is available 9 to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays.
How will you ensure items are safe to checkout?
We are following guidance from the CDC as well as the Washington State Department of Health which recommends a 24 hour quarantine on library materials.
Trusted Covid19 Information Sources
Stay healthy and safe by only referencing trusted and reliable sources of information.
Access the Library from Anywhere at Anytime
During this challenging time, there are many ways you can continue to access library resources without visiting your local branch through our digital resources.
- Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks through Hoopla and Overdrive.
- Stream tv shows, movies, documentaries, and music through Hoopla.
- Access digital magazines, like Cosmo, the New Yorker, and Oprah through RB Digital.
- Read the latest news from the New York Times, the Seattle Times, and more.
- Take a class and learn a new skill through LinkedIn Learning through Lynda.com.