Our Plan for Safely Serving the Public
Our libraries are currently closed to the public but service continues. Read more about our ongoing efforts.
The health and safety of our staff and visitors is our top priority as we develop our reopening plans. The library may not be open yet, but we're working to welcome you back safely. Thank you for your patience as we work with our local health experts to develop a path forward.
NCW Libraries locations are currently closed but we are preparing for our reopening. In the meantime, we remain committed to providing online services, resources and events.
We have developed a reopening approach that includes limited, but progressively expanding services, outreach and access to libraries while following public health social distancing practices and safety guidelines.
Book drops are open at most locations throughout Grant, Ferry and Okanogan Counties. Our Chelan and Douglas County locations will begin receiving returns September 7th , 2020.
Holds are available in select locations. You can now place new holds and activate suspended holds on physical items. Holds can be picked up at select libraries through Curbside Pickup. Curbside Pickup will be expanded to other libraries as possible.
All due dates have been automatically extended until September 30, 2020.
Please visit this page often for important updates.
Continue to provide online services and programs
- Digital collections
- Online Programming
- Ask NCW Libraries (phone, email or chat)
- All libraries remain closed to the public.
- Mail Order Library is closed.
- All book returns remain closed to the public.
(Chelan and Douglas Counties are in a modified Phase 1.5, but have been approved for Phase 2 Library Services)
Staff in buildings with physical distancing and health protocols in place.
- Ability to place and pick up holds and materials with Curbside Pickup services at select locations, in a multiphase rollout.
- Select book drops open to return materials
- Mail Order Library services resume.
- All libraries remain closed to the public.
NCW Libraries invites the public back to some or all buildings with modified operations.
- Limited hours, services and access to technology will be determined and may vary by location
- Physical distancing and health protocols remain in place.
- Curbside Pickup may continue to be offered.
- Mail Order Library service continues
- No large public gatherings inside libraries or in-library events.
- Meeting rooms closed.
NCW Libraries returns to standard business practices while continuing to offer services in new ways.
- Libraries open.
- Meeting rooms open, pending Administration approval.
- Large public gatherings allowed inside libraries.
Information on our Current Services
Access our digital content all day, every day. We’re regularly adding content and platforms to meet your needs and peak your interest.
Return materials through the manual book drop at select locations. Returned materials will be quarantined and remain on patron accounts for a minimum of 3 days before being checked in.
Pick up library materials in a safe, contact-free manner. No appointment needed, simply arrive by car, on foot, on bike and we’ll bring you your reserved materials. Pick up library materials from 1-4pm any day we are open in a safe, contact-free manner - More info HERE
We’ve expanded the range of our WiFi at all 30 of our locations and at our headquarters. WiFi is free and available 24-7.
Frequently Asked Questions
As we prepare to resume services at some of our branches, we know you have many questions. We will continue to update these FAQs to help you know what to expect while libraries are closed.
When will libraries be open to the public?
We hope to invite the public back to some or all buildings with modified operations once the five counties we serve have reached Phase 3 and the Governor has issued guidance to libraries on next steps for reopening.
When will Mail Order Library and Interlibrary Loan be available?
These services will resume on September 14th, 2020.
When can I return items I’ve checked out?
Book drops are open at most Grant, Ferry, and Okanogan locations. Chelan and Douglas County locations will begin accepting returns September 7th, 2020. All due dates have been extended and no fines will be charged for any materials.
Are any library services available during Phase 2?
All of our online services continue. Curbside Pickup is available at most of our Okanogan, Grant, and Ferry County locations. Curbside Pickup services will be available at all Chelan and Douglas locations starting September 14th, 2020.
Should I sanitize or microwave my library materials before returning them?
We ask that our patrons not take any extra measures before returning materials. NCW Libraries will take measures to ensure materials are safe for recirculation.
How will you ensure items are safe to checkout?
We are following guidance from the CDC as well as a study commissioned by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) which recommends a 72 hour quarantine on library materials.
Trusted Covid19 Information Sources
Stay healthy and safe by only referencing trusted and reliable sources of information.
Access the Library from Anywhere at Anytime
During this challenging time, there are many ways you can continue to access library resources without visiting your local branch through our digital resources.
- Borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks through Hoopla and Overdrive.
- Stream tv shows, movies, documentaries, and music through Hoopla.
- Access digital magazines, like Cosmo, the New Yorker, and Oprah through RB Digital.
- Read the latest news from the New York Times, the Seattle Times, and more.
- Take a class and learn a new skill through LinkedIn Learning through Lynda.com.