By Deidre, Chelan Library, and Clare, Peshastin Library
September! Summer fun has ended, the weather is cooling, and fall is in the air. Time to go back to school! A new school year means new opportunities and challenges. Whether your child is attending school for the first time or has many first day back to school experiences, NCW Libraries has the resources to meet those challenges and opportunities.
For those first day jitters and what to expect share these read aloud picture books:
To build confidence and reassure your first time student:
Social interactions are a big part of school, share these books about manners, responsibilities, and getting along with others:
Check out our online resources:
- Homework Help Now Live tutoring, writing lab, language lab, and more. Available in English and Spanish.
- Tumble Book Library ebooks, read alongs, language learning, games and puzzles. Available in English, Spanish, and French.
- Gale In Context: Elementary – Books, news, pictures, and videos about animals, music, and more.
- Gale In Context: Middle School – Academic articles, images, topic selections, and more for middle schoolers.
- eLibrary Curriculum Edition: Extensive collection of journals, magazines, and digital resources designed specifically for K-12 students.
Read about more of our online educational resources here.