Love puzzles! Try a digital escape room adventure!
Librarians from across the country are creating digital escape room experiences to keep tweens and teens engaged and inspired while at home. These escape rooms have different themes and storylines, some are inspired by popular children’s or young adult books. You use clues hidden in images and text to solve puzzles and enter codes in digital locks. The escape rooms range in difficulty, play them solo or with family and friends.
Give one a try…if you dare!
- Cabin Fever digital escape room created by Alex Graves, Teen Librarian at Manchester City Library in New Hampshire.
- Dog Man digital escape room created by a school library media coordinator.
- Escape from Wonderland (Alice in Wonderland themed) digital escape room created by Erin Honeycutt, Children’s Librarian at Moultrie-Colquitt County Library System in Georgia.
- Hogwarts (Harry Potter themed) digital escape room created by Sydney Krawiec, Youth Services Librarian at Peters Township Public Library in Pennsylvania.
- Ketterdam Heist (The Six Crows themed) digital escape room created by Abigail Hsu, Young Adult Librarian at the Morristown & Morris Township Library in New Jersey .
- Minecraft digital escape room created by Laura Escamilla, Youth Services Librarian at Regency Park Library in Florida.
- The Minotaur’s Labyrinth digital escape room created by Karen Liu, Teen Librarian at Riverton Library in Utah.
- Spy Apprentice digital escape room created by Lauren Rura and Felicia Brock, Adult Service Librarians at Washington-Centerville Public Library in Ohio.