Please read this special message from our Executive Director:
Dear library customer,
This is an unprecedented time in our state. As we all continue to feel the effects that the growing COVID-19 outbreak is causing, we’re making difficult but important decisions about the way we operate public libraries in your communities. We continue to follow all recommendations from our local health districts, who have recently urged everyone in NCW to restrict public gatherings and promote social distancing immediately.
Your health and safety is our highest priority. In the interest of protecting the high-risk populations we serve and the high-risk populations who volunteer for us, the Library is canceling all programs, events, outreach, and meeting room use through April 5.
Our library system is committed to maintaining essential library services while ensuring the health and safety of our patrons and staff. To do this, we’ve made the following changes, effective Friday, March 13 through Sunday, April 5.
- All library events and programs are canceled.
- Meeting rooms are not available for community use.
- Computers and seating may be reconfigured or limited to increase social distancing.
- Bookmobile service and other outreach services are canceled.
- You can renew materials for a third time, provided others are not waiting for the item.
- As always, there are no late fines for returning items past their due date.
You can help keep our libraries safe and open! Please do not visit the library if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms. When you visit us, remember to practice social distancing by keeping 4-6 feet of space between you and others, and washing your hands regularly.
- Have items mailed directly to your house using our mail order service (509-663-1117 x159).
- Borrow ebooks and digital audiobooks through Hoopla and Overdrive.
- Stream videos and music through Hoopla.
- Access digital magazines, like Cosmo, the New Yorker, and Oprah through RB Digital.
- Read the latest news from the New York Times, the Seattle Times, and more.
- Take a class and learn a new skill through LinkedIn Learning through Lynda.com.