Puppet shows. Messy science. Fun technology. Drawing workshops. Legos. And more! Here’s a look at some of the fun programs at our libraries this week:
Children’s book authors Elisa Kleven and Erik Brooks will lead programs in several locations this week. In Kleven’s interactive
drawing and story-making workshops, children will develop their own characters, build stories around them, and then create mixed-medium artwork of their own. Brooks will read from two of his books and then help children with their own drawings.
- Cashmere: Elisa Kleven, 10 a.m. Friday
- Chelan: Elisa Kleven, 3 p.m. Wednesday
- Entiat: Elisa Kleven, 11 a.m. Monday
- Ephrata: Elisa Kleven, 10 a.m. Thursday
- Manson: Erik Brooks, 11 a.m. Wednesday
- Pateros: Elisa Kleven, 4 p.m. Tuesday
- Peshastin: Elisa Kleven, 3 p.m. Friday
- Quincy: Elisa Kleven, 3 p.m. Monday
- Soap Lake: Erik Brooks, 10:30 a.m. Friday
- Twisp: Elisa Kleven, 11 a.m. Tuesday
- Warden: Elisa Kleven, 4:30 p.m. Thursday
- Wenatchee: Elisa Kleven, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday
Makerspace & STEM programs
- Cashmere: Stop motion movie-making for teens, 3 p.m. Tuesday; and 3D printing, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Chelan: Learn coding with Spheros, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday
- Curlew: Makerspace activities, 2 p.m. Friday
- Leavenworth: Learn coding with Spheros, 2 p.m. Friday
- Omak: Ozobots, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday
- Quincy: Learn coding with Spheros, 10 a.m. Tuedsay
- Oroville: STEM activities, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday
- Tonasket: STEM activities, 12:45 p.m. Wednesday
Our three teams of puppeteers continue their tour of libraries this week, now joined by Eastmont High School teacher Mark Wavra and Wenatchee High School
teacher Brian Higgins.
- Curlew: 11 a.m. Tuesday.
- Entiat: 11 a.m. Wednesday.
- Republic: 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- Waterville: 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- Wenatchee: 2 p.m. and again at 6 p.m. Thursday.
It’s Not Magic, It’s Science
STEM librarian Sarah Knox & Co. demonstrate messy and exciting science experiments.
- Curlew: 2 p.m. Thursday.
- Republic: 10 a.m. Friday.
- Tonasket: 3 p.m. Friday.
- Winthrop: 2 p.m. Wednesday.
- Cashmere: Building simple machines, 4 p.m. Monday.
- Chelan: Lego time, 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Ephrata: Lego Club, 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Moses Lake: Lego Bingo, 2 p.m. Tuesday.
- Quincy: Lego time, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Waterville: Build it!, 2 p.m. Friday.
- Wenatchee: Teen Lego competition, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Coulee City: Grant County PUD, 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- Grand Coulee: Grant County PUD, 11 a.m. Wednesday; and rocks and minerals, 3 p.m. Friday
- Leavenworth: Meet author Kay Kenyon, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Moses Lake: Popcorn & poetry for teens, 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- Waterville: Seige engines, 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- Wenatchee: Magic Show with Paul, 2 p.m. Tuesday.