Looking for a way to get outside with your kids? There is a new children’s book to explore along the Jacobsen Preserve Trail. We collaborated with the Chelan-Douglas Land Trust to bring the new StoryWalk book Flashlight by Lizi Boyd. This wordless story inspires imagination and creativity in young minds.
StoryWalk is a book that is presented page by page along a trail, bike path or in store windows to promote reading and exercise.
We invite you to hike a half-mile loop of the Jacobsen trail while stopping to admire each page. To reach the trailhead, follow Western Avenue until it becomes Canyon Number 2 Road, then turn left onto Skyline Drive. In about 500 feet, the road takes a sharp left and Jacobson Preserve sits above that curve. Park in the Wenatchee Racket and Athletic Club parking lot, in designated spots along the fence.
Here are some helpful tips to aid in keeping our trails open while we social distance:
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home
- Wash or sanitize your hands before you start your hike and after you are finished
- Do not touch the signs, your face, or anything else
- Recreate alone, or only with people in your household
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others on the trail
- If the parking lot is full, come back at a different time