Join us for an evening with hiker and author Jennifer Pharr Davis at several of our libraries this month.
Pharr Davis has been named a National Geographic Adventurer of the Year and has covered more than 14,000 miles of long-distance hiking on six continents.
In 2011, Davis hiked the 2,185-mile Appalachian Trail in forty-six days, eleven hours, and twenty minutes — maintaining a remarkable average of forty-seven
miles per day. By doing this, she claimed the overall (male or female) fastest known time on the trail.
Hear about her trail adventures at the following locations:
- Peshastin Public Library: 6 p.m. July 25
- Republic Brewing Company: 6 p.m. July 22
- Tonasket Public Library: 5:30 p.m. July 23
- Wenatchee: 7 p.m. July 26 at Pybus Public Market (co-sponsored by Confluence Health)
- Winthrop Public Library: 7 p.m. July 24
Her visit is part of our Summer Library Program, which has been expanded this year to include a wide range of programs and activities for children,
teens, adults and families. Sign up today for a chance to win prizes!