Vanessa and Claudia
The Latinx Services department strives to connect our diverse Latinx communities to the resources available in the regions we serve. Our goal is to support our patrons by working collaboratively with library branches and community partners to inform people about our resources and remove barriers to accessing them.
We encourage the Latinx community to reach out to their local branch and discover what we offer. This includes materials such as books, DVDs, music, and more! We often participate in community events where we bring these materials to people that may have a hard time visiting their closest library location.
In addition to our appearances at festivals and community events, we also provide service to a wide variety of unique groups:
- Migrant Parent Advisory Council meetings at local school districts
- Seasonal migrant farm worker camps
- English Language Learner (ELL) classes
- Student support services at community colleges and universities
- Low-income Early Learning Centers
We welcome the opportunity to work with community groups on projects that advance mutual goals, missions, and visions. Some of the services we provide to community partners include:
- Outreach: You would like the Latinx Services team to come to your place of business or event to share information about the library and its services.
- Collaboration: You have a mutually beneficial idea for an event that both organizations would be responsible for achieving.
- Partnership: You would like to partner on a project that will meet both organizations’ missions and create new resources.
Typical Items & Services Include
- Library card creation and renewal
- Outreach presence at Latinx community events
- Presentations to groups such as ELL classes and community organizations
- Personalized help in Spanish
- Resources for immigration and citizenship