If you’re having trouble making progress on your New Year’s resolutions, we can help!
We have compiled some ways the library can help you achieve some of the most popular resolutions — getting healthy, learning new things, putting down your phone and really connecting with people, and, of course, reading more!
Improve Your Health
- Check out a fitness video. We’ve got videos for all ages, fitness levels, and workout interests. Tai Chi, P90-X, Zumba, yoga, you name it and we’ve most likely got it.
- Check out snow shoes or a nature backpack from any of our library branches and explore the outdoors in your community.
- Get inspired by a range of health and fitness magazines you can browse online through RB Digital. Available magazines include Men’s Fitness, Outside, Runner’s World, Shape, Women’s Health and Yoga Journal.
- Checkout some interesting cook books to help you eat healthier. Or browse cooking and food magazine on RB Digital, including Clean Eating, The Food Network Magazine, Martha Stewart Living, Prevention, and Taste of Home.
- Join the monthly cookbook club at our Wenatchee library.
Be More Creative
- Attend an art program at one of our libraries. Our Chelan branch recently started a weekly arts and crafts club that meets on Thursday evenings, Our George and Republic libraries have adult arts and crafts programs on Tuesdays, and our Oroville library is hosting weekly “crafternoon” sessions on Saturdays. Check out our full calendar of events to see what’s happening at your neighborhood library.
- Join one of the fiber arts sessions at our libraries. Curlew has a weekly knitting group; Moses Lake and Ephrata have sit & stitch groups; and Pateros has a regular fiber arts gathering. Wenatchee also offers an all-ages fiber arts activity.
- Check out a book to learn a new art or craft technique. Check out an online adult coloring magazine with RB Digital and print some new designs.
- Check out a craft magazine at your local library or through RB Digital.
- Explore all the ways you can enjoy a book with your library card. Try large print, audiobooks, ebooks or e-audiobooks.
- Set a goal or join a challenge. Our Winter Reading Program runs through the end of February. Then join this year’s Summer Library Program.
- Join our Facebook Book Club to connect with a large community of readers and get ideas for your next read.
- Read this year’s NCRL Reads book There There by Tommy Orange, join a discussion about the book, and then hear the author talk at a program in April.
- Join a Book Club.
Learn Something New
- LinkedIn Learning with Lynda.com: Take an online video course taught by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills. Learn a new skill, online, on your own time!
- Rosetta Stone: Learn to read, write, and speak more than 30 languages!
- HeritageQuest: Discover your family history today!
- Attend a Humanities Washington Program
Connect With People
- Attend a program at your local library. Check out our online calendar of events to see what’s happening at a library near you.
- Join a book club, ukulele circle, knitting group, adult coloring activity, or come to a craft time. Our Wenatchee library has an all-ages, all skill levels chess club that meets every other week.
- Attend a trivia night, movie viewing, or spelling bee. Our Quincy branch offers a monthly adult coloring night at “chick flick” and our Twisp branch offers a popular My Story event where people from the community share their interesting stories with each other.
- Try out some of technology at an adult STEM night. Our next one will be Feb. 13 at Stormy Mountain Brewing in Chelan at 6 p.m. Feb. 13, where you can make a coaster on our laser cutting machine!