Next week is Spring Break for many of our schools in North Central Washington. We invite you to visit the library! Our branch locations will be offering a range of passive and active opportunities — both at the library and in community locations.
In addition to passive games and crafts that are available at most of our libraries, some are offering guided, in-person, FREE programs next week, including:
- Brewster: Take a hike! Librarian Daniel will lead a three-mile hike on the Indian Dan Canyon Trail from 3-5 p.m. Monday. Meet at the trailhead — and don’t forget a Washington State Discover Pass for parking (which are available for checkout from the library). Learn more here.
- Bridgeport: Make a bird feeder at the library on Thursday 3-5 p.m. Surprise science experiment.
- Entiat: Outdoor story time relaunch party. Stories, songs and play in the outdoor space behind the library. 11 a.m. Wednesday.
- Grand Coulee: Shibori indigo Dyeing. Make a custom tea towel using an ancient form of Japanese resist dyeing. All supplies provided. 3-5 p.m. Friday.
- Okanogan: Stained glass painting. Thursday 3-5 p.m. All ages.
- Omak: Rock painting in the park! We’ll provide the rocks and paint — you supply the imagination! Come paint a rock for spring. 3-5 p.m. Wednesday at Civic League Park next to the library.
- Pateros: Screen printing. We’ll provide fabric or bring your own cotton t-shirt and screen-print your own unique design in this free program for elementary through teen ages. 3 to 4 p.m. Tuesday. Register here.
- Wenatchee: Story time in the park for babies, toddlers and preschoolers offers a half-hour of stories, songs, rhyming and fun in Memorial Park next to the library. 10:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
You can also visit our bookmobiles next week as they make community stops in Chesaw (9:30 a.m. Monday), Loomis (1 p.m. Monday), Wilson Creek (12:45 p.m. Tuesday), Aeneas Valley (2 p.m. Wednesday) and Orient (10:30 a.m. Wednesday).
Spring Break coincides with National Library Week. So come see what your community library has to offer!