It’s Spring Break week in North Central Washington, and our libraries are geared up to offer a range of free programs to keep kids happy!
For a complete rundown of the week’s event in our libraries, check out our online calendar!
Here is are some of the highlights:
Knights of Veritas
The Knights of Veritas will be at several of our libraries over spring break. The free program features educational demonstrations of medieval
arms, armor, combat, knighthood and chivalry.
- Chelan: Monday, 3 p.m.
- Entiat: Monday, 11 a.m.
- Ephrata: Thursday, 10 a.m.
- Okanogan: Friday, 3 p.m.
- Oroville: Friday, 11 a.m.
- Quincy: Thursday, 2 p.m.
- Wenatchee: Tuesday, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m.
Book-It Repertory Theatre
The Seattle theater group will perform the children’s book Whoosh! Lonnie Johnson’s Super-Soaking Stream of Inventions. The free performance
tells the story of a man whose love of rockets, robots and inventing became the cornerstone for a career as an engineer, including inventing
the Super Soaker water gun.
- Cashmere, Thursday, 11 a.m.
- Chelan, Wednesday, 3 p.m.
- Curlew, Tuesday, 2 p.m.
- George, Thursday, 4 p.m.
- Leavenworth, Wednesday, 11 a.m.
- Manson, Monday, 1 p.m.
- Moses Lake, Friday, 3 p.m.
- Omak, Monday, 6:30 p.m.
- Republic, Tuesday, 10 a.m.
- Soap Lake, Friday, 11 a.m.
Science, technology, engineering, math programs designed to teach a range of foundational skills.
- Cashmere: Building with Rigamajig, Tuesday, 3:30 p.m.
- Curlew: Makerspace, Friday, 2 p.m.
- Ephrata: Robotic Spheros, Wednesday, 2 p.m.
- George: Robotic Spheros, Tuesday 2 p.m.
- Grand Coulee: STEM program, Wednesday, 4 p.m.
- Leavenworth: Engineering challenge, Thursday, noon.
- Mattawa: Robotic Spheros, 10 a.m. Thursday.
- Moses Lake: Robotic Spheros, Monday, 11 a.m.
- Oroville: Makerspace, 3:30 p.m. Wednesday; adult Batik printing and dying, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Quincy: Simple Lego machines, Monday and Tuesday, 2 p.m.
- Republic: Tech Lab for Teens, Monday, 2:30 p.m.
- Royal City: STEM, Monday, 4 p.m.
- Wenatchee: Build a giant slingshot with Rigamajig, 2 and 4 p.m. Monday.
Other highlights of the week!
- Quincy: Grant County PUD program on electricity, Thursday, 10:30 a.m.; showing of the movie Jumanji, Welcome to the Jungle,
Friday, 3:30 p.m.
- Wenatchee: Book end art program for teens, Thursday, 2 p.m.; showing of the movie Angels in the Outfield, Friday,
3:30 p.m.; trivia night, Friday, 7 p.m.