Teen Library Council
What is the Teen Library Council?
The Teen Library Council (TLC) offers teens in grades 8–12 from all over North Central Washington the opportunity to make a positive difference in their communities and have input in the way the library serves teens. The council will meet monthly to develop programs and resources for the library that fulfill the needs and interests of teens.
Teen Library Council members…
- Attend and participate in the monthly TLC meetings.
- Brainstorm ways the library can better serve teens and come to meetings prepared to share those ideas.
- Help promote the library and participate in creating content for the library’s website and social media.
- Help judge teen writing and art contests.
- Be ambassadors in their community. Work with others to achieve common goals across NCW.
- Identify needs in their community and be a problem solver to meet those needs.
Benefits of being a Teen Library Council member:
- Connect with teens outside your school and town, and make new friends.
- Have a voice and be a leader in your library and community.
- Gain leadership, communication, teamwork, and project management skills.
- Earn community service hours and enhance your college and job applications.
- Have fun!
How to apply:
Apply to serve on the Teen Library Council for the 2023-2024 school year. Application deadline is September 15, 2023. Interviews will be conducted in late September/early October.
Questions? Email Jessica Lynch, Teen Services Manager at NCW Libraries, firstname.lastname@example.org new email